Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall Colors

Mood: Excited
Music: Jazz station

Here it is in October already! You know, I thought I would see a slow-down in my schedule during the third year of dental school, but I have yet to see that happen. IT'S A MYTH!!! Not quite as much going on with classes, but there is still a lot to occupy my time with school. Kyle and I are going to present research at a research conference in TN later this month, so I had to get an abstract ready for that. We also just submitted an abstract for the IADR conference in New Orleans for March 2007. In addition to clinics, there has been plenty of lab work at school. I have 3 different ortho cases that I'm hoping to present on Thursday of next week, so I've been working on models and cephalometrics for those. I have at least one other case that will get started later. I've been the class president since mid-semester last spring, and I was recently elected to be President of the Student Research Group as well. Kyle and I have been working at Dr. Hartsfield's orthodontic practice, which I absolutely love! I got my National Board Scores back, and I was very pleased with my score. Dr. Hohlt (Undergrad Ortho Director) saw my scores, gave me a big bear hug, and told me how wonderful they were. Praise the Lord!

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. In fact, except for the part of winter leading up to Christmas and New Year's, it is my favorite season. As I look out my 9th floor apartment window, I can see the trees starting to turn colors and it's a breathtaking sight...a fluffy carpet of green, red, orange, yellow, and gold stretching out for miles. The weather is still warm and sunny, which makes it more enjoyable. My sister's birthday is coming soon (Oct. 18th). In honor of her, I'm posting one of my favorite pictures of her. This photo was a self-portrait taken on a girls-only trip to Chicago last year. Each time I see it, I can't help but crack up. I love you, Ashley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home