Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dad's Birthday!

Mood: nostalgic
Music: Blessed Union of Souls

Last night, to celebrate Dad's birthday, Kyle and I took Mom and Dad out to dinner at Palomino. Talk about yummy--roasted wild mushrooms over spinach w/ toasted walnuts, potatoes gorgonzola, yummy pastas, pots de creme, and pecan crepe! It was nice to go out to dinner to celebrate--last year we just grabbed a quick lunch to celebrate. The year before that we were up in Alexandria, and then the four years prior I was always at the Autumn Immunology Conference in Chicago (which was this weekend, I believe). I always LOVED going to the Immunology Conference each year, and now that I don't go anymore I miss it when that weekend comes around. :(

Kyle and I went to the lab this afternoon after church to cut yet ANOTHER bridge prep. With all the ivorine dust in the air, I'm beginning to feel like a desert. My eyes just kill after spending a few hours in there--it looks like I've been crying hardcore. But I'm much better now, thank you for asking. :) Now I think I will settle down with a fascinating journal article on the mechanics of tooth movement. Kudos to Dr. Van De Merwe for wonderful preparation.

Brooke Facts of the Day: I have a beautiful younger sister named Ashley who is a freshman at Indiana Wesleyan University as a nursing major. She is the kind of amazing friend that only a sister can be. Also, anyone who knows me knows that I'm married to a wonderful guy named Kyle who spoils me rotten. We're heading toward our 3rd wedding anniversary. We're known around the dental school as "that married couple." Oh yeah, and I have an adorable goldfish named Piddle who LOVES to eat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home